Arts Assessment Webinar Archive
MALI, through the MLTI and Department of Education, has hosted a variety of webinars to discuss a variety of topics around Arts Assessment and how it impacts teaching and learning in our schools. Visual art educator Catherine Ring and music educator Rob Westerberg, and guests hosted the webinar series.
These webinars were designed to engage teachers and administrators alike. Each program addressed the key components of the Initiative. These webinars have an accompanying "meeting plan" that school leaders can use or adapt to facilitate faculty meetings, conversations, or study groups looking at quality arts assessment practices. The "meeting plans" are posted with each webinar.
* Creating an online network of support for ongoing work
* Providing tools to use for assessment and integration into teaching
* Providing resources on arts assessment
* Development within National Standards work
* Connection to Maine Learning Results
* Exploring Standards-Based Assessments in the Arts
* Click here to view a recording of this web conference. (Flash*)
* The Role of Teachers
* The Role of Administrators
* The Role of the greater Community
* Addressing the unique needs of elementary arts educators
* Sharing the lessons learned over the first year and a half
* Commissioner of Education, Stephen Bowen, talks about his perspectives on arts education in Maine
* The next steps, phase 2 of the Maine Arts Assessment Initiative: We've launched the next phase!
* Discussing the challenges and opportunities of incorporating the Common Core
* Digging deeper into the new expectations for Maine’s schools and Arts classroom
* A rich dialogue around current topics in Music Education.
* Arts Assessment Resources: the team who created them and a sneak peak of some of the resources